But even if your schedule or budget prevents you from hobnobbing with SXSW tech ninjas, you can still catch the live streaming of keynote and featured speakers on your favorite small screen. Just go to http://sxsw.com/interactive/live to see the upcoming schedule and the live stream itself.
Here’s a short recap of the two live streamed sessions yesterday:
- Tony Schwartz, President and CEO of The Energy Project, gave us “The 90 Minute Solution: Live Like a Sprinter”. Two big takeaways from his talk:
- Treat your workday as a series of sprints with self-imposed deadlines, not as a long marathon. You’ll get more done in a shorter amount of time.
- Get more sleep to improve your overall health, productivity and quality of life.*
- Seth Priebatsch, 22-year-old orange-shirted wunderkind and founder of SCVNGR gave a keynote about game dynamics and the “game layer”. He sees game dynamics as the next big tech movement, following on the heels of the social media movement. The game layer uses status and rewards to influence behavior, such as frequenting local merchants or even beginning a cooperative approach to solving huge problems like global warming.
The upcoming live stream sessions today and Monday look great, but I have other commitments. Does anyone know how to record a live stream? If you do, please email me at email@example.com or tweet @suzanne_doughty – I’d appreciate it.
Also, Jenna Lebel of Likeable Media has a great blog post on 5 Things To Do If You’re Not at #SXSW. I did follow her tip #4 during Seth Priebatsch’s talk, using hootsuite to track the tweets with #sxsw and #scvngr. It’s about the best you can do when you can’t be up front and center with the live Austin action.
Any others taking advantage of the live stream option? Please share your comments about it.
Cedar Sage Marketing
* It was impossible to take this advice to heart last night, as it was the wretched night of “spring forward” daylight savings time.